You can do so much with chicken, and it's a pretty healthy protein option. It is easy to prepare, which makes it a great choice for busy weeknight meals. Here are 8 of our tastiest healthy chicken recipes, perfect for a quick summertime meal.
This recipe showcases fresh summer produce! It is also a great way to eat low carb without feeling deprived. Summer chicken sauté is an easy (and healthy!) recipe that will quickly become your weeknight favorite.
- 1½ pounds thinly sliced chicken breast (or you can pound it thin yourself!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 Tablespoon + 1–2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium-sized zucchinis, sliced into half moons
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- salt & pepper
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and when oil is hot, add chicken to pan.
- Cook chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together yogurt and pesto. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add another teaspoon of olive oil to pan if it’s dry.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally and until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide yogurt mixture onto 4 plates and slightly spread yogurt over plate.
- Top with chicken and ¼ of the vegetable mix.
- Sugar:11 grams
- Sodium:735 milligrams
- Fat:13 grams
- Saturated Fat:1 gram
- Unsaturated Fat:3 grams
- Trans Fat:0 grams
- Carbohydrates:21 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 42 grams
- Cholesterol: 85 milligrams
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- organic batter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes more, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.
Per Serving: 220 calories; 10.7 g fat; 2.4 g carbohydrates; 27.7 g protein; 84 mg cholesterol; 555 mg sodium.
This chicken is easy to cook and so flavorful! You can either make the cilantro lime chicken on its own or pair it with cilantro lime rice and an amazing mango avocado salsa to make a healthy summer meal.
To make the cilantro lime chicken, simply whisk together marinade ingredients. Remove approximately ½ cup for later use. To make sure the chicken cooks evenly, pound out the breasts to an even thickness. You should use a meat mallet for this. Once you’ve mixed the chicken breasts into the marinade, leave in the refrigerator for anywhere from thirty minutes to 24 hours. To cook the chicken, you can grill, sauté, or bake—as long as it reaches 165 F. A digital meat thermometer would be helpful for this.
As the chicken is cooking, baste it with the marinade you kept aside. Place your chicken on top of cilantro lime rice and add the mango salsa for an amazing meal. The salsa’s texture and sweetness pairs great with the cilantro lime chicken. The mango and orange juice balance the chicken’s cilantro-lime tang. If you are shooting for low-carb, convert the meal into a salad by serving over finely chopped romaine lettuce and your favorite veggies.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (can also use thighs)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice, separated
- 1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon olive oil, separated
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, separated
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lime zest, separated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon cumin, separated
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro, separated
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño, optional
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Optional: cilantro-lime rice or quinoa (see recipe notes)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 large mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound sliced thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, and green onions. Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Remove the mushrooms and chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.
Per Serving: 235 calories; 11.4 g fat; 14.4 g carbohydrates; 18.9 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 919 mg sodium.
The summer is here...so why not start off on the right track. This healthy Pineapple Salsa Grilled Chicken dish brings out a very favorable collaboration. It is time to bring the fun back in the kitchen.
Juice of 4 limes, divided
1/4 c. plus 1 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
2 tsp. honey
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 c. chopped pineapple
1 avocado, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
What if I told you that this dish had a much healthier method to prep?
The crispy Air Fryer Chicken is something you must add to your recipe. It is time to add some crunch and flavor to your summer.
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 4 ounces (4 cups) cornflakes, finely crushed
- Cooking spray
Feast your eyes on one of the hottest Summer dishes of 2019. Only 30 minutes….. Yes only 30 minutes of your time to create something exciting and indeed flavorful.
8. Sweet and Salty Key West Chicken
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a shallow container, blend soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic. Place chicken breast halves into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 6.2 g fat; 5.6 g carbohydrates; 25.3 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 735 mg sodium