Bacon Candy Smoked Pork Loin
We use this in a lot of catering events.
People love it and we have tinkered with the recipe so much that we feel confident we have a superior product.
The quality of the meat is always important so make sure you are getting the highest quality you can. Here is what you need to get started.
- Large Whole Pork loin (5-9 lbs)
- Mealfit original Seasoning
- Mealfit Bacon Candy seasoning
- Canola oil for the pan
- Apple, pecan or cherry wood for the smoker
Step by Step instructions to the best pork loin you will ever taste.
- Put a large Saute pan on Med High Heat with canola
- Pull pork loin out of the package
- Cut the pork loin in half
- Season one side of the pork loin with mealfit original seasoning. Make sure the skillet is hot enough..
- Place the seasoned side pork loin in the pan, let cook for 60-90 seconds or until there is a nice crust.
- Season the top of the pork with mealfit original seasoning and flip.
- Let it cook for 60-90 seconds.
- Take it out and place it in a pan
- Season both sides with Bacon Candy
- Get your wood in your smoker
- Place the pork loins in the smoker FAT SIDE UP and set the temp to 235 Degrees.
- Let them cook for 1hour and 45 min then check the temp with your internal meat thermometer. Needs to be at least 145-150.
- Let rest for at least 15 min 30 is best.
- Use a sharp knife. We like a SHUN or TOKAGEH
- Slice about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Sprinkle with Bacon Candy
Letting the meat rest helps the juices re distribute throughout the meat. When the meat is climbing to its highest temp the juice and moisture is on the out side of the meat. We want a moisture throughout that’s why we let it rest.
We pull the meat at an internal temp of between 145-150 because when we let it rest the temp continues to climb for up to 30 minutes.
- Thomas Cox