You can cook this amazing corn bread along with me in the video below the recipe!
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil for seasoning
- 3 cups self-rising corn meal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup or slightly less cooking oil
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Take a paper towel and pour about 2 tbsp of vegetable oil on the paper towel and rub the vegetable oil in the skillet.
- Combine all ingredients well. Pour into a 12-14 inch cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes.
*If you're prepping ahead of time, this may be frozen uncooked or you can cook it and freeze it.