Easy Vegetarian Paella
This recipe is the 3rd in a series that we showcased for an article in the Birmingham Magzine. This is our Easy Vegetarian Pella. It is an excellent combo with the UnFired Chicken with Rocky Top Sauce and our Turmeric Coconut Rice, and we talked about not too long ago.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tsp of Mealfit OG Seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup cooking wine
- 1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas (15oz) drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons capers
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the red pepper and mushrooms and cook for about another 5 minutes. Add paprika, Mealfit OG Seasoning. Stir and reduce to medium heat.
- Add cooked rice, Chicken stock and cooking wine. Simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in garbanzo beans, frozen peas, and capers. Cook for about 5 more minutes. Garnish with lemon slices. Serve and enjoy!
- Thomas Cox