A fabulous alternative to the traditional 'eggs in a basket,' this bright dish offers a great morning start in the refreshing pop of flavor from the peppers!
- 2 sweet peppers, halved, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an 8 by 8 baking dish, pour water and place peppers cut side down.
- Microwave for 5 minutes or bake in oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Turn peppers over and evenly sprinkle shredded cheese into each pepper half.
- Crack one egg into each pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes for runny eggs and 18-20 minutes for cooked through eggs