How to Smoke a Filet Mignon
Thomas is going to show you how to smoke a whole filet mignon. This works great for events you want to impress the guests.
- 1 Filet Mignon (6-10 lbs)
- mealfit OG Seasoning
- Butter for sautéing
- Heat a large (14-16 inch) skillet on a Med-High heat (Cast Iron is good if you have one) Take the filet out of the package and season on 1 side liberally with mealfit OG Seasoning. Place the seasoned side of the filet in the heated skillet.
- Heat the filet for about 90 seconds. You want to have a char on the skillet side.
- While the filet is in the skillet season the it on the side that is up while in the skillet.
- After 90 seconds or so, flip the filet over and char the other side.
- We use a Southern Pride SPK 500 smoker.
- Load the smoker with Seasoned Cut Wild Cherry Wood.
- Set the temp to 225 Degrees and let it go for 2 hours.
- Use an internal meat thermometer to test the internal temp
- We want the temp for this meat to be between 128 -135. This allows us to heat it to the exact temp we want it to be at.
- Since the temp is so low you do not have watch it like a hawk.
- Check it every 20 min after that
- Put the filet in a hotel pan and wrap it up tight with tin foil until you are ready to serve or slice.
- Thomas Cox