This made from scratch Sloppy Joe recipe is amazing. Make the chunks of veggies as large or small as you would like.
Use a bun or use lettuce leaves is totally up to you.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 15-oz. cans tomato sauce or more
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and bell pepper over medium-high heat until beef is brown and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon onto lettuce and serve.