Mealfit Mexican Soup
If you ask my daughter what her favorite meal is, she will say “Daddy’s Famous Soup." While this soup isn't spicy, you can absolutely add cayenne pepper as you see fit.
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb pork loin, cubed bite-size
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsps garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 tsp each of ancho chili powder, chili powder, and cumin
- 1/2 tsp each of Mexican oregano and paprika
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of white hominy, drained
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large pot on medium heat. Add pork, onion, and garlic. Saute 3-4 minutes, searing pork on all sides.
- Stir in broth, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and spices. Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add hominy. Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro
- Thomas Cox