Mealfit Red Snapper Fish Tacos
While we were living in Tennessee, one of the things we liked to do as a family was gather at someone’s house and workout together while the kids played. Afterwards, we usually headed upstairs to eat dinner together. We did this 1-3 nights a week in the summer, and usually 1 night a week during the school year
One week, one of our friends took his family to the beach and went deep sea fishing for a half day. They caught some red snapper in the Gulf of Mexico. It was beautiful! We do not get a ton of fresh Gulf fish in Tennessee, and with everyone loving fish tacos, we wanted to take advantage of what we had. This is what we came up with:
Items you will need:
- 2 lbs snapper fillets
- 1 tsp Mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1- 10 oz bag of cole slaw (dry)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- cilantro for garnish
For lime crema:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 1 lime (use a zester)
- 1/8 tsp Mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning
- warmed tortillas for serving
- Season fish on both sides with Mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder and cumin. Sprinkle over fish on both sides.
- Spray your grill with Pam or coat with olive oil. Get the temperature real hot: 500 degrees or more!
- Grill skin side down for about 2 ½ minutes. Take a long, flat Grill Spatula and run the spatula under the meat, but leave the skin on the grill (the skin will come off easily). Flip and cook until fish flakes easily with fork, about 3 minutes, and is just ever-so-slightly translucent (it will finish cooking with the residual heat).
- To make crema, whisk all ingredients together and season to taste with Mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning.
- Serve fish in warmed tortillas with cole slaw, diced avocado, and a drizzle of crema. Enjoy!
- Thomas Cox