Turmeric is a southeastern Asian staple that has its origins from the ginger plant is what gives this rice the yellow color.
Turmeric is also a popular ingredient these days because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
The combination of Coconut and Turmeric do not sound desirable but they were wonderful. The color is outstanding and that makes the presentation stand out to your guests.
The one thing I have found is that you need to tell your guests that there is a hint of coconut in the flavor. If you don’t, people tend to shy away when they first taste it because they are expecting salty and they get sweet.
Wonderful dish that we all loved.
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1-15 oz can coconut milk
- 2 cups Chicken Broth (Sub Veg Broth to be Vegan )
- 1 tsp OG mix
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, and lime juice, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium high, cook onion and garlic until soft about 3 minutes.
- Stir in turmeric, green onions, thyme, carrots and cook for a minute stirring constantly.
- Add rice and stir until rice is fully coated yellow.
- Add coconut milk, chicken broth, and OG and Stir well.
- Spray a half pan then pour the contents of the pot into the ½ pan
- Cover tightly the half pan with foil and bake for 30 min on 350
- Fluff with a fork, stir in cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime juice.