UnFired Chicken with Rocky Top Sauce
If you are looking for something that is easy on a weeknight and something that the whole family will enjoy then this ‘Un- Fired Chicken” is a great bet.
Super easy protein that you can make first then get all of your sides ready while it is cooking. A Great side dish to go with this is the Turmeric Coconut Rice we talked about not too long ago.
Loved the way this chicken tasted, and the sauce is to die for. Put the sauce on anything and you will be pleased
Rocky Top Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp of Paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Large boneless, skinless chicken breasts or you can cut them into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp OG
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl with a spoon. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and milk and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, breadcrumbs, OG, onion powder, garlic, and basil.
- To begin, bread the chicken by first dropping it into the bowl and covering it and shake a few times.
- Then dip chicken into the egg and put back into the bowl. Once coated, place each piece of chicken onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- To cook, bake on a pan for 25 minutes. Once done, add half of the sauce to the chicken to coat (while the chicken is still hot). Sprinkle with a little extra dried basil and serve with sauce on the side. ENJOY.
- **For a more golden color, at the end of the cooking time, turn on broiler and place pan a few inches away. Broil about 2 minutes on each side. ENJOY.
Love to hear your comments or answer your questions. My email is Thomas@mealfit.co
- Thomas Cox