There is one thing in this world that we can ALL agree on: shrimp scampi is one of the most amazing meals known to man. However, it makes us all feel super guilty after we allow ourselves to indulge in it. Guilty, like need to run 5 miles afterward, guilty. If you feel this way, you are not alone, and we are here to help!
You probably think I’m exaggerating. I’m not. This meal will take your carby, pasta-indulging self and transform you into a new soul. You can have your cake (err, shrimp scampi) and eat it too, if you know what I’m saying. This incredible recipe is a healthy, but delicious take on everyone’s favorite — shrimp scampi. I promise, if you haven’t tried zucchini noodles you will look at clean eating from a new, glorious perspective after you try this dish.
To transform the zucchini into noodles, you will need a special tool. If you are already a spiraling pro, whip out your personal spiralizer and go to town! But, if you haven’t been converted to the twisted side yet, I recommend checking out the Benriner Turning Slicer. It is simply the best for making those perfect noodles!
Don’t forget to pick up mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning to make the recipe top-notch. Click here to order!
One of the greatest aspects of this recipe is that it only takes 20 minutes to prepare! Don’t believe me? Check out the video below to see just how it is made. Healthy, delicious, AND quick?! Is your life being changed yet?
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them, stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with mealfit Anything Goes seasoning, and then using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine. Season with mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning and serve immediately. Enjoy!
How simple and delicious is that? We hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to share with a friend to change their life as well, because that’s what friends are for, right?