Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala 0
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 large red potatoes, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place full-fat coconut milk, tomato sauce, and spices into your slow cooker and mix.
- Then, add in chopped potatoes and onion and mix again.
- Place chicken breast on top and submerge into the sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove and slice into chunks. Put back into sauce and mix.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or naan.
- Make sure you cut your potatoes to 1-inch squares so that they are done cooking when your chicken is.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 709
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 24
- Thomas Cox
Freezer Asian Peanut Chicken Crockpot Meal 0
This slow cooker asian peanut chicken can be thrown together in minutes and tossed in the freezer! It is the perfect combination of meal prep and cooking fresh food daily because you get the freshly cooked meals without the hassle of preparing them every day.
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups 1 inch sweet potato cubes (1 large sweet potato)
- 2 carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (each breast cut in 2 lengthwise for Instant Pot)
- To serve
- 4 handfulls spinach
- green onions
- rice or cauliflower rice
Instant Pot- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Pressure cook for 5 minutes; allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest.
Slow Cooker- Combine all ingredients in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low.
Add in the spinach and stir into the sauce until it is wilted.
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and return to the sauce.
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
To Prep Ahead and Freeze
In a gallon sized heavy duty freezer bag, add the soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and water. Squish it all together until it is roughly combined.
Add in the sweet potato cubes, carrots, red onion and chicken.
Squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag and freeze flat.
Thaw completely before cooking as directed above.
- Instant Pot- After chicken has cooked, remove from the pot, select 'sautee' an add in some low carb vegetables: green beans, broccoli, zucchini. Cook for 5 or so minutes until softened. Serve with cauliflower rice.
- Slow Cooker- Add low carb veggies such as green beans, broccoli, zucchini during the last 1 hour of cooking.
- Thomas Cox
Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Crockpot Freezer Meal 0
Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. You can use as much or as little of the sauce as you would like, depending on how soggy you like your roll. I also like to serve it on the side and use it as a dip. Best served with homemade sweet potato fries!
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large onion; sliced
- 3 bell peppers (the more colorful the better), cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
6 slices of provolone cheese
- Mix corn starch into chicken broth.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT for cheese in crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and peppers are soft.
- Lay cheese over mixture.
- Cook on “low” for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on a fresh, hot roll.
TO FREEZE AND COOK LATER
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date.
- Add all ingredients to freezer bag, except cheese. (You can add broth and cornstarch.)
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to cook, following directions above.
- Thomas Cox
Beef Fajitas Crockpot Freezer Meal 0
Crockpot Beef Fajitas
Yields: 4 servings
- 2-lb boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, fat trimmed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (I used red because they were on sale)
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- The juice from 1 lime OR 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in your crockpot and cover with lid.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours or until beef shreds easily with a fork.
- Serve with tortillas or rice and top with guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheese.
Label your freezer bag. Add all ingredients. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw and cook in crockpot on “low” setting for 8 hours or until beef shreds easily with a fork.
Recipe By Family Freezer
- Thomas Cox
Slow-Cooker Chicken Thighs 0
This mouthwatering chicken thigh recipe can be ready in no time! Simply toss all the ingredients into your slow cooker and you’re good to go.
Nonstick cooking spray
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/2 pounds total)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
One 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Chopped scallions and cooked white rice, for serving
- Coat the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and add the chicken thighs. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano, pepper flakes, garlic and ginger and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through and tender, 5 to 6 hours. Turn off the heat, uncover and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving. The chicken and sauce can be served as-is or, for a thicker sauce, remove the chicken and set aside, covered, to keep warm, then turn the slow cooker to high. Stir the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water together until it resembles heavy cream. Pour the mixture into the sauce, cover and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbling, about 30 minutes. (The mixture must come to a boil to activate the starch and thicken the sauce.) Return the chicken back to the sauce and heat the chicken through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to a platter, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and scallions and serve hot with rice.
- Thomas Cox
Delicious Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos 0
If you are looking for a healthy slow cooker recipe, you have hit the jackpot with this one. Slow cooker turkey tacos are easy, healthy, and delicious.
- For the taco meat:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey (can also use 99% lean if you desire)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered (can also use 1 large tomato, diced)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- Shredded lettuce, for topping
- Sliced jalapeno, for topping
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium high heat. Add onions and turkey. Brown the turkey, and break up the meat with a wooden spoon until nice and browned. Transfer to the slow cooker and add in garlic, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Once ready to serve, divide meat between 8 corn tortillas. Add grape tomatoes, cheese, diced avocado, lettuce and jalapeño slices. Serves 4. Optional to serve with greek yogurt, if desired.
- Thomas Cox