Image by Our Salty Kitchen
We could all use a break, sometimes.
So, having some delicious food ready to go with hardly any effort? That definitely counts!
Here at Mealfit, we definitely understand what it’s like to live an on-the-go lifestyle. With taking care of the family, managing work, side interests, keeping up appearances with relatives and friends, and still trying to schedule time for self-care activities, life can get pretty stressful. Over the years, we’ve found that having a steady and reliable system in place for managing food and meals is the cornerstone to being able to accomplish everything while still taking care of your body, which is why we are dedicated to making this possible for everyone! It can be so easy to just run to the closest fast-food joint on your lunch break and grab a bite to eat, but the more often you find yourself doing that, the less likely you’ll be able to keep up with the things in your life that you love the most!
We want to help the people in our community find access to healthy meal options and to find ways to live their best lives with healthy lifestyle choices. So, when we are able to find recipes that not only tick the “healthy” requirement box, but are also super easy and quick, of course we just have to share! This week, we are sharing a recipe for a tasty meal that’s perfect for meal-prepping or for the family, steak and veggie stir-fry!
Image and recipe originally by Our Salty Kitchen
Easy Steak and Veggie Stir Fry
In only about half an hour or less, you can be savoring the flavors of tender steak and hearty vegetables with this effortless recipe! To cut down on prep and cook time, see our pro-tip for making this recipe below!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
For the Stir Fry
- 1 pound steak*, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ pound asparagus, ends trimmed, sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 oz snap peas
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce**
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place the steak in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and slice thinly against the grain, ⅛″ – ¼″ thick. While the steak is freezing, prepare the vegetables and stir-fry sauce.
- Combine all stir fry sauce ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Heat a 12″ cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add half the olive oil. Add half the steak to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry until charred and medium rare, 3-4 minutes. Remove the steak with tongs, set aside onto a plate, and repeat with the remaining steak strips. Remove all steak from the skillet once browned.
- Add the second Tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and allow to heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and sautee 1 minute. Add the carrots and asparagus and sautee 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the bell pepper and snap peas, toss with the asparagus and carrots, and stir-fry all vegetables an additional 3 minutes. Be sure to stir and toss frequently.
- Add the steak back to the skillet along with the stir-fry sauce (give it another whisk before pouring in if the cornstarch/arrowroot has settled to the bottom). Stir-fry, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and the vegetables are bite tender, 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sesame seeds, and serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in a tightly sealed container for up to 4 days.
*This recipe works best with cuts of sirloin, skirt, or flank steak, but you can use any type you prefer as well!
**To add an entirely new dimension of flavor to this meal, we recommend using a Coconut Amino in the place of soy sauce. It is a tasty, gluten-free, and soy-free alternative!
Make this recipe even easier with Mealfit!
We mentioned before how dedicated we are to making healthy and easy meal options available for everyone, and we have a hot pro-tip to making this recipe even easier! Alongside our own meal prepping catering services with our weekly specials and individual meals, we also share a variety of delicious recipes and educational health-focused content via our blog. But, taking advantage of our Meals by the Pound selection could be the best option for you! Browse the pre-prepared selection of ingredients, proteins, and more to make meal-prepping a breeze!
For this recipe, we recommend trying out our slow smoked tri-tip steak!
Mealfit’s Slow Smoked Tri-Tip Steak
“Slow Smoked Tri-Tip Steak, marinated and seasoned to perfection. This goes good with just about anything.”
Cut down your prep and cook time and use that time to pamper yourself!
You can order our Slow Smoked Tri-Tip Steak here!
We hope you enjoy this article for Quick and Easy Steak and Veggie Stir Fry. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.