Protein is an essential part of a diet that supports a healthy, strong, and balanced lifestyle.
Getting plenty of protein can be hard sometimes, but incorporating protein into some irresistible recipes makes it a lot easier to do!
Maybe you’re trying to maintain your body the way it is, or maybe you’re hoping to gain some more strength; whatever your goals may be, protein plays a huge role in managing your health. We know how difficult it can be to get enough protein on a daily basis, so we’ve been looking for ways to make that easier to share with you! We came up with a great solution, so make sure to keep reading to find out how you can increase your protein intake easily and in a delicious way!
Make eating easier with Mealfit!
Here at Mealfit, we are constantly trying to find ways to make healthy eating easier for everyone, especially anyone who lives an on-the-go lifestyle! When it comes to protein, we’ve definitely got you covered. We offer a range of Individually Prepared Meals high in protein, but we also offer a variety of proteins with our Meals by the Pound! This week, we’re highlighting our Slow Smoked Tri-Tip Steak and a few recipes that are great for anyone looking to increase their protein intake without sacrificing flavor! Here are just a few nutritional facts of our Slow Smoked Tri-Tip Steak!
23 grams of Protein
10 grams of Fat
0 grams of Carbs
Our Tri-Tip Steak goes well with a ton of things, including rice, veggies, and we definitely recommend that you try it with our Alabama Ivory Sauce! But if you’re hoping to feel inspired for a hearty, tasty meal with our Tri-Tip Steak, check out the awesome steak wrap recipes we’ve collected to share with you!
3 Protein-Packed Steak Wrap Recipes to Use with Mealfit’s Tri-Tip Steak!
These steak wraps are perfect for lunch, dinner, or an afternoon stack and are super easy to make, so you can enjoy delicious and healthy food whenever and wherever you are!
Image and recipe originally by A Flavor Journal
Spicy Cajun Steak Wrap
This recipe features a spicy Louisiana twist to the classic taste of Philly Cheesesteak! Enjoy these irresistible wraps in 30 minutes or less!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon jalapeno, minced (seeds removed)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 pound Mealfit Tri-Tip Steak (or thinly chopped deli roast beef, prepared rare)
- 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2-4 large tortillas
- In a large pan, cook chopped bacon over medium heat until the fat is rendered.
- In the same pan, add chopped green onion and saute for about 5-7 minutes. Slowly add onion and saute mixture for an additional 2-3 minutes, then, turn heat to medium-low.
- Add jalapeño, shallot, and spices to the pan and cook mixture for 1-2 minutes, then add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Move the bacon and veggie mixture to one side of the pan and add the steak or roast beef to the other side of the pan to cook. Allow to cook for a few minutes and then combine all the ingredients in the pan. Cook the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the mixture and mix evenly until completely melted.
- Use a spoon to place in wrap, fold, and serve while warm. Enjoy!
Image and recipe originally by Six Sister Stuff
Bacon Philly Cheesesteak Wrap
A more traditional take on a fan-favorite Philly, this recipe features one of the best ingredients known to humanity: bacon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (any tortillas will work)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 2-3 small Mealfit Tri-Tip Steak or any other kind of steak strips, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons steak seasoning
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, dijon mustard, and horseradish sauce and mix evenly.
- Spread the mixture over the tortillas and sprinkle one-half cup of mozzarella cheese over the tortillas.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, saute green peppers until they are soft and the edges begin to golden.
- In the same pan, cook your steak until it’s warmed enough or cooked thoroughly and sprinkle with steak seasoning.
- Divide the peppers, steak, and cheese evenly for each tortilla, wrap, and place the sealed wraps on medium heat in a medium or large pan prepared with non-stick spray.
- Heat until the tortilla becomes browned and rotate to heat evenly on all sides. Serve warm and enjoy!
Image and recipe originally by African Bites
Carne Asada Burrito
Hoping your lunch will pack a little bit more of a punch? This recipe has plenty of flavor and spice to pair with a healthy dose of protein!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 tortillas
- 1 pound Mealfit Tri-Tip Steak or grilled carne asada steak
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup quesco cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mexican rice, cooked
- 1 cup avocado, chopped (or guacamole)
- 1-2 cups pinto refried or black beans
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Tomatillos salsa
- In a blender or food processor, blend pepper, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Add about a ¼ cup oil or water and set aside.
- If using fresh steak, salt and pepper steak, then grill, slice, and set aside.
- To assemble, divide the steak among the tortillas and top with equal amounts of rice, cheese, guacamole, cilantro, pepper sauce, onions, and beans. Fold the tortillas, serve warm, and enjoy!
There are so many ways to enjoy our Tri-Tip Steak and get your daily dose of delicious protein, so if you want to share your favorite recipes and meals with us, feel free to share on social media!
We hope you enjoy this article for 3 Ultimate Loaded Steak Wrap Recipes with Mealfit. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.