Image by Inspired Taste
One of the best things about autumn is the bounty of delicious food that comes with it.
Savor all the best flavors that fall has to offer, starting with some cozy baked cinnamon apples!
Apples are a staple of fall, and for good reason. Who isn’t excited to go apple picking with their friends or entertain guests with an amusing game of bobbing for apples? Or maybe you’re looking forward to enjoying all of the goodies of the season, like candied apples, fresh baked apple pie, sweet apple cider and more! Before getting into this tasty fall treat, let’s explore these interesting little fruits a bit more!
Apples are an incredibly nutritious fruit that can be enjoyed in so many ways. On average, a single apple is less than 100 calories and packed with fiber, Vitamin C, potassium, and Vitamin K! Even more, apples contain other vital nutrients from copper to Vitamins A, E, B1, B2, and B6, which means they promote everything from healthy hair, skin, and nails to healthy immune function and lowering risk of serious health issues like stroke and heart disease!
Apples as we know them aren’t native to North America and were transported during European colonial voyages, but they’ve become a vital part of North American agriculture. They come in so many varieties but most apples are indistinguishable aside from slight color and flavor differences. The most popular varieties include Red Delicious, Granny Smith, Fuji, Gala, Honeycrisp, and others, and it can be fun to explore the different types until you find your favorite variety.
Regardless of the type of apples you prefer, they are definitely one of the best fall foods and can be made into a number of delicious treats, one of those being some warm and gooey baked cinnamon apples!
Baked Cinnamon Apples
This fall, relish in the flavors of the season in the comfort of your home! Create new traditions with these delicious homemade goodies with this effortless recipe! Though it may take some time, be prepared for one of the best fall treats to grace your plate, complimented by the sweet, autumnal aroma of cinnamon and warm apples that will place you right into the thickness of the season!
Image and recipe originally by Inspired Taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Yield: 6-7 servings
- 3-4 apples (honeycrisp or golden delicious varieties may produce the best flavors)
- 8 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the apples and cut them in half. Use a spoon to remove the core, seeds, and stems from the apples, and place the halved apples in the baking dish with the flesh-side facing up.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon over apple halves.
- In a medium pan and over medium heat, melt the butter. Once it’s melted, remove from heat and stir in flour, oats, the remaining brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and salt into the butter.
- After mixing well, use a spoon to divide the topping between the apples, lightly pressing it down onto the apples.
- Cover the apples with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then, uncover the apples and bake for another 20-30 minutes or until the apples are soft and the topping has browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce and enjoy!
There’s no better way to welcome in this magical season than with this cozy treat! Get your friends and family together, grab your favorite fall-flavored coffee, and head to the orchard for a day of apple picking and then end the day with an unforgettable dessert!
We hope you enjoy this article for Fall Inspired Baked Cinnamon Apples. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.