Image by Cookie Rookie
A great home-cooked meal with hardly any effort?
In this intermediary period between the end of the year holidays, everything can feel a bit static. Don’t let yourself get stuck in the lull and take charge of your time, making sure it is well spent! One of the best ways to manage your time better is to streamline cooking so that it is effective and minimal without sacrificing flavor. That way, you can use all the extra time to take care of yourself, whether it be a few minutes of meditation or reserving time for a quick workout, dedicating that extra time to other avenues can be very beneficial to most people!
Here at Mealfit, we are dedicated to providing access to quick, easy, and healthy meals to fit into any lifestyle. One of the ways we do that is by sharing special recipes every week in our recipe catalogue. This week, we are sharing a recipe for tasty, juicy crockpot chicken as well as some helpful tips on how to make an ideal and easy weeknight dinner for the family, so be sure to stick around until the end of the article!
Tender and Juicy Crockpot Chicken
Savor the flavors of hearty chicken breast slow-cooked alongside garlic, paprika, and thyme. It is the perfect heart-healthy protein for a weeknight dinner!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours and 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large chicken breasts
- Begin by pouring the chicken broth into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices and mix well.
- Rub the olive oil as well as the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts, trying to cover as much surface area in an even layer as possible. Then, place the coated chicken breasts into the slow cooker with the chicken broth.
- For the cooking, there are two options. If you want the chicken to be made sooner, you can cook it on high for 3-4 hours. However, if you are not restricted by time and are hoping to achieve a more flavorful and moist result, cooking the chicken on a low setting for 4-6 hours will be best. Regardless of cooking preference, always be sure to check that the meat is cooked thoroughly and that the internal heat reaches at least 165 before serving.
- Serve alongside rice or vegetables and enjoy!
Make Eating Easier with Mealfit!
Like we said before, Mealfit is dedicated to making healthy eating easier for everyone! We do our best to achieve this goal in a number of ways, aside from our recipe catalog. We offer pre-made meals to get you through the week with our weekly specials, individual meals, and we offer educational tips on our educational blog! We also offer high-quality pre-cooked ingredients to supplement your meals and make meal-prepping a breeze for you with our Meals by the Pound selection! Here are the sides we think would complement this crockpot chicken perfectly for a complete meal!
Mealfit’s Roasted Broccoli
“One of the most requested vegetables that we offer. That’s why we offer it separately. House seasoned and roasted to perfection fresh cut broccoli.”
You can order our roasted broccoli here!
Mealfit’s Jasmine Rice
“Hands Down the best rice you will ever eat. Also, keeps in the fridge for a week. Goes great with everything. Seasoned to perfection and good enough to eat alone. Order more than you think. It will go fast.”
You can order our Jasmine Rice here!
We hope you enjoy this article for Juicy Crockpot Chicken Weeknight Dinner. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.