Image by Salt and Lavender
The weather is getting colder.
A nice, hot meal is the perfect remedy to these chilly fall days!
The days are getting shorter and colder for sure, which means it’s important to stay warm and cozy as much as you can during this holiday season! Perhaps a nice cup of tea or hot chocolate next to the fire with a favorite book in hand is your vision of spending some “me-time” in the colder months. But most of us don’t get to savor those moments of peace as much as we’d like. Luckily, Mealfit has a solution! Meal time doesn’t have to be a chore! Enjoy the comfort of delicious food as a break from the drama of life with recipes like this week’s Stuffed Pepper Soup!
Image and recipe originally by Salt and Lavender
How to Make this Cozy Stuffed Pepper Soup
Savor the flavors of bell peppers, fire roasted tomatoes, and tender beef in an aromatic cloud of onion, garlic, and flavorful spices!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juices
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the rice according to package instructions (or see below for tips on making this recipe quicker!)
- Combine oil and chopped onion to a large pot and place over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 5-7 minutes and begin chopping peppers in the meantime.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook it for 5 minutes, using a spoon to stir/break up the beef as it cooks. Drain beef if need be before moving on to the next step.
- Stir in the peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Increase the heat to high and bring it to a gentle boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to the pot and continue to cook the soup for another 10-15 minutes. This will help thicken the broth a bit and infuse more flavor into the soup. Season as needed with salt & pepper, serve hot, and enjoy!
Make this Meal Even Easier with Mealfit!
This recipe doesn’t require much in the effort department, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be any easier! Mealfit is dedicated to bringing you healthy and convenient meals any way we can, because we know how busy life can get! It’s why we prepare delicious meals on the go with our weekly specials and individual meals! It’s why we share helpful tips and more through our educational blog and our recipe catalogue! And finally, it’s why we created our Meals by the Pound Selection to make meal prepping a breeze!
Mealfit’s Jasmine Rice
We think our Jasmine Rice is the perfect fit to make this recipe in hardly any time!
“Hands Down the best rice you will ever eat. Also, Keeps in the fridge for a week. Goes great with everything. Seasoned to perfection and good enough to eat alone. Order more than you think. It will go, fast.”
You can order it here!
We hope you enjoy this article for You Need to Try This Tasty Stuffed Pepper Soup ASAP! If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.