Image by Food Lovin Family
Two things are almost always better than one.
In that case, it stands to reason that the pairing of hearty meatballs and cozy meatloaf would create a make-ahead meal like no other… and that it has!
Sometimes, experimenting in the kitchen can be fun and rewarding! Not all the time, mind you, but sometimes, indeed! One such successful case is that of these savory bites of meatloaf meatballs. What makes them so incredible is not just their tender flavor medley, but how easily they are prepared, too!
These meatloaf meatballs are the perfect make-ahead meal to try out this week! They take hardly any time and effort to throw together and can be easily reheated and enjoyed throughout the week, making meal-time even easier for you!
Image and recipe originally by Food Lovin Family
How to Make Hearty Homemade Meatloaf Meatballs
In less than an hour, you can be savoring each and every bite of these meaty morsels. Complete with lean ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and so much more, these meatloaf meatballs are the easiest and tastiest appetizer or meal you’ll have all week!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoon red bell pepper, minced
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375℉ and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. For extra prevention from sticking, spray foil with vegetable oil spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the ground beef, beaten egg, onion, bell pepper, parsley, panko crumbs, Worcestershire, and milk, add the salt and pepper as desired.
- Once mixed thoroughly, divide into small sections and roll the sections into 1 to 2-inch balls, placing them on a baking sheet once shaped.
- Bake the meatballs for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and ground mustard in a small bowl.
- Microwave the mixture for 1 minute or heat in a small saucepan for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the meatballs are ready, remove from the oven and use a spoon to pour the ketchup mixture over the meatballs. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Fill Your Plate with Mealfit!
Here are Mealfit, we are dedicated to making healthy eating an easy and convenient option for everyone, especially those that live a busy, time-constrained lifestyle! We know how difficult it can be to find the time, energy, and resources to devote towards maintaining a healthy diet and routine, which is why we are devoted to providing resources to make it easier! It’s the reason we created our weekly special menu and why we serve individual meals. It’s why we hope to educate people about health and wellness on our educational blog and why we share a variety of recipes in our recipe catalogue! It’s also why we have created a selection of Meals by the Pound ingredients that are pre-prepared and can be bought in bulk to make meal-prepping irresistible and healthy food a breeze!
For these meatloaf meatballs, we have the perfect sides to serve with them! They will not only enhance the tender, meaty flavors of the meatballs, but they are also a great way to get the most out of your meals and feel fuller longer! Here are our recommendations for what to serve alongside these meatloaf meatballs:
Mealfit’s Seasoned Red Potatoes
“Hand Diced and house seasoned red potatoes are a great carb source and can be used in a number of ways in your meal prep.”
You can order them here!
Mealfit’s Roasted Broccoli
“One of the most requested vegetables that we offer. That’s why we offer it separately. House seasoned and roasted to perfection fresh cut broccoli.”
You can order it here!
We hope you enjoy this article for Not Your Mama’s Meatloaf-Meatballs Recipe! If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.