Image by Butter Be Ready
It’s easy for dinner to become boring. Same old flavors, same old meals, day in and day out. It doesn’t take long to grow tired of the routine.
Shake it up and get creative with the meals you make with Mealfit!
We know how easy it is to lose motivation to cook every day when life is hectic. When you’re living a busy life, time is scarce and most people don’t want to spend it stressing out about meal plans and cook times and everything else, so it’s convenient to stick to a meal routine. It doesn’t take long to get tired of eating the same foods, and that doesn’t help make life any easier!
Here at Mealfit, we strive to improve everyone’s relationship with food by providing helpful tools and insights for quick, easy, and healthy meals. Whether it’s with our individually prepared meals on-the-go, our pre-cooked Meals by the Pound for easy meal prepping, or our collection of delicious recipes and educational resources, we’ve found some great ways to make eating easier for everyone!
This week, we’re sharing a delicious meal that is guaranteed to shake up your plans with exciting flavors and break you out of that recipe rut!
Image and recipe originally by Butter Be Ready
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This recipe features good old-fashioned buffalo chicken alongside an unlikely companion, sweet potatoes for a balanced and delightful meal topped with everything good! Blue cheese crumbles and some fresh green onions go a long way as a garnish for this dish, but it’s sure to get you excited for dinner again!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cleaned
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon scallions or green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by washing and pat dry. Use a fork to pierce each potato a few times to allow ventilation and avoid exploding potatoes. Place potatoes on sheets of tinfoil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap each potato in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- On a separate baking sheet, lay out chicken breasts. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place both the chicken and potatoes in the oven and roast sweet potatoes for 1 hour, and the chicken for 30 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the oven and use forks to shred into a small bowl. Combine with buffalo sauce and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, let cool for 10-15 minutes. Use a knife to cut a slit into potatoes and stuff with shredded buffalo chicken and top with blue cheese crumbles. Add any other desired seasonings and garnish with scallions, if desired. Enjoy!
Make this recipe even easier with Mealfit!
We’ve already talked about the variety of ways Mealfit can make eating healthy and stress-free meals even easier, and this recipe is no exception! Meals by the Pound Selection, this recipe can be made even faster with less prep and stress!
We recommend using our tender shredded chicken that’s roasted to perfection and ready to go for this recipe!
“Slow Roasted all white meat chicken breast, hand pulled and seasoned to perfection. This is great as a protein by itself, or wonderful in soups, stews, casseroles, or tacos.”
You can order it HERE!
To learn more about the other options we have to offer, check out our Meals by the Pound Selection and discover an effortless approach to meal-prepping!
We hope you enjoy this article for Tasty Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.