Image by Spend with Pennies
Raise your jolly holiday spirits with some delicious food!
This Crispy Breakfast Hashbrown Casserole is the perfect breakfast for a magical Christmas morning to usher in the holiday festivities!
Mornings can be magical一they don’t always have to be stressful! The holiday season doesn’t do us any favors in the stress department, though. All the hustle and bustle of the holidays can be enough to make anyone lose their appetite if they aren’t careful, but if there was a way to make Christmas morning easy, cheesy, and cozy, wouldn’t you be excited? Luckily, there is! We have the perfect recipe for a hearty homemade breakfast to get you ready for the festivities that will follow suit on the winter holiday!
Image and recipe originally by Spend with Pennies
How to Make this Crispy Hashbrown Casserole
Savor each and every bite of this delicious casserole, complete with tender and savory sausage, hearty hashbrowns, zesty peppers and onion, and topped with a layer of crispy, oven-baked cheese!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 20 ounces shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 pound sausage cooked, crumbled and drained
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and brown sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once the sausage is cooked, drain the excess fat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a and whisk the mixture until it is smooth.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheddar cheese and the ground sausage and pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Top the casserole with the remaining cheese and place in the oven to bake for 55-65 minutes, or until the casserole is cooked through and the cheese has begun to golden.
If you tried this homey, heart breakfast casserole, be sure to let us know by sharing your experience and tagging us on social media!
We hope you enjoy this article for Crispy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.