Image by Taste of Home
Sometimes, we could all use an energy boost to help us get through the day.
With a power bowl this delicious, you’ll have the energy to get everything done and feel great doing it!
Especially around this time of the year, everyone starts to feel a little less motivated. The sun is setting much earlier than before, there are always a million things to do, and on top of that, the holiday season is in full swing, which means you’ve probably noticed yourself lacking in energy compared to your spring or summer self. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be that way! There are so many ways to get your body the energy it needs to make it through these stressful and eventful times, including an irresistible power bowl!
Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Power Bowl
Boost your day with this tasty power bowl packed with plenty of protein, healthy carbs, and fiber to conquer everything on your to-do list! This hearty home-cooked meal is not only a quick and easy dish to whip up any day of the week, but the savory and sweet flavor combinations of soft sweet potatoes, ground turkey, fresh kale, and caramelized onion will have you looking forward to meal-time all day!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh kale, chopped
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Begin by preparing the ground turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once turkey begins to brown, toss in the chopped onion, shallot, and garlic so they have a chance to caramelize. It should take about 8-10 minutes for turkey to be fully cooked and vegetables to become tender.
- Drain the skillet of excess grease and add tomato paste. Cook the mixture for another minute, making sure to stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- Add sweet potato, broth, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately reduce heat. Leave to simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes are tender. This step should take about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add kale and red pepper flakes and allow to cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Serve with the sliced avocado and alongside rice for a more filling meal option and enjoy!
Make this recipe even easier with Mealfit!
Here at Mealfit, we are dedicated to providing resources for healthy food that’s budget and time-friendly for everyone. We know how hard it can be to find the time to manage healthy meal options with an on-the-go lifestyle, which is why we provide our services! Cut down on the stress of meal-planning and prepping with our weekly specials, individual meals, and with a recipe from our recipe catalogue! We also offer pre-prepared ingredients in bulk to make cooking and meal-prepping a breeze with our expertly made Meals by the Pound! For this week’s Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Power Bowl recipe, we have a number of recommendations to practically eliminate the prep and cook time, getting food on your plate with no effort and in no time!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
“Diced and house seasoned Sweet potatoes are a great carb source and can be used in a number of ways in your meal prep. Paleo Friendly!”
“Ground to perfection and seasoned with our own seasoning. This Is a protein choice that you can use with just about any dish in the house. Most versatile protein on the menu.”
“Hands Down the best rice you will ever eat. Also, keep it in the fridge for a week. Goes great with everything. Seasoned to perfection and good enough to eat alone. Order more than you think. It will go fast.”
Get through the holiday season with energy to spare with this cozy, hearty skillet power bowl!
We hope you enjoy this article for Hearty Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Power Bowl. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.