1. Easy Hawaiian Grilled Cheese
Keep things simple and make the ultimate grilled cheese paradise.
4 tbsp. butter
8 slices white Hawaiian sweet bread
8 slices sharp cheddar
4 slices provolone
8 pineapple rings
1 c. teriyaki sauce
Recipe By Tiffany Azure
2. No Peek Chicken
Looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal? This no peek chicken is a great option for busy weeknights when you don't have time to stand over the stove. Try it out and let us know how much you like it!
2 c. long grain rice
1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. water
1 tsp. dried oregano
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
1 (1-oz.) package onion soup mix
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl mix together rice, soups, water, and oregano then pour into baking dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then place on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle onion soup mix over chicken then cover with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour and 15minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
3. Lemon Shrimp and Leek Spaghetti
This pasta provides nearly a third of your daily fiber goals. With a healthy mix of pre peeled shrimp and frozen peas, it’s the epitome of weeknight-fast.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/4 cups pasta and 1 1/4 cups shrimp mixture
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 pound peeled, deveined raw medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped leek (from 1 large leek)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (from 3 garlic cloves)
- 2 cups frozen baby sweet peas (about 9 oz.), thawed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Recipe By KAREN RANKIN
4. Spicy Chickpea Lentil Burgers
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, very finely diced
- 1 large carrot, very finely chopped or shredded
- 1/4 cup oat bran or oat flour, gluten-free if desired
- Lettuce or Hamburger Buns, to place patty in
- For pico:
- 1 large ripe mango, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- sea salt, to taste
- To make mango avocado pico: Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Add salt to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add lentils and 1 1/2 cups of water; bring water to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer lentils for about 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and lentils are very soft and a bit mushy. Drain any excess water and set aside.
- Place the chickpeas, cooked lentils, garlic, cilantro, sea salt, cumin, and chili powder in a food processor and blend until the beans and lentils are very smooth.
- Transfer mixture into large bowl. Stir in onion, jalapeno red pepper and carrot. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Add in oat bran a little at a time, and work into mixture with your hands. You want to be able to form patties, but you don't want too much oat bran, or the burgers will fall apart. So use as much as you feel necessary. Because these burgers do not use an egg to bind them, you'll have to firmly shape the patties but still keep them pretty thick so that they don't easily fall apart. Divide into 6 equal portions and shape into thick patties with your hands.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat; add in a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil (sometimes I spray both sides of the burger with olive oil cooking spray too). Place a few burgers in at a time and cook for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp. Repeat with remaining patties and continue to add olive oil as needed.
- Place patties in lettuce or in a bun and top with mango avocado pico.
I love these burgers with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream (not vegan).
Serve in lettuce or on a bun of choice. Calorie count does not include bun or lettuce.
Recipe By Ambitious Kitchen
5. Sunny Mushroom Bacon Turkey Burgers
The hot season of summer just got a lot better with the Sunny Mushroom Bacon Turkey Burger. Two whole wheat hamburger buns packed with a delightful experience in between.
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms (about 4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 4 turkey bacon strips, halved
- 4 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Additional barbecue sauce
- Dill pickle slices, optional
Recipe Originally made by: Taste of Home
6. Nutritious Feta Chicken Burgers
Let your taste buds experience something that is beneficial and still very delicious. This Feta Chicken Burger adds a more healthy dynamic to your summer dishes.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground chicken
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
Recipe by Taste of Home
7. Inviting Garlic Herb Salmon Sliders
Nutritious Fresh Salmon with unbeatable herbs.
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 8 small lettuce leaves
Recipe by Taste of Home
Leave a comment