BBQ, bacon, and chicken? This easy crockpot recipe will definitely become a fast favorite at your house!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Butter or Coconut oil
- 1 small pkg of white mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 zucchini Diced
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp sliced Fresh basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Wrap each piece of chicken in 2 pieces of bacon and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix grated apple and barbecue sauce, then pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until completely cooked. Can also cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Wrap 2 bacon slices around each chicken breast and place in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with tomato mixture.
- Turn crockpot on low and cook 6-8 hours.
- Heat a large skillet and add the oil or butter when hot
- Add mushrooms and Garlic and stir until soft, (about 5-6 min)
- Add pepper and zucchini and cook until veggies are slightly soft.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
Leave a comment