We all know what it’s like to have a sweet tooth, and chocolate is perhaps the sweet that people crave the most. These Chocolate Energy Bites are great snacks, and this dessert recipe is super easy to make. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almonds
- ⅔ cup dried cherries (I personally like dried tart cherries)
- ⅔ cup dates
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor and blend until the nuts are well chopped and a thick “dough” starts to form (about 3-5 minutes of processing). If the ingredients are chopped into super small pieces but the dough isn’t coming together, try adding a teaspoon of water at a time (up to a tablespoon or two) to encourage everything to come together.
- When the ingredients are well incorporated, remove the blade from the food processor. Take 1 large tablespoon of the “dough” and roll it into a ball in between your hands. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Drizzle the top of each ball with melted dark chocolate. I keep the balls in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer much longer.