- 1 pound fresh Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 small onion)
- 1 (15-oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (16-oz.) jar tomatillo salsa,
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. tortilla chips
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- sour cream for topping
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook chorizo and Ground Beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium, stirring often with a wooden spoon to crumble, until meat is well browned and onion is tender. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
Stir together refried beans and 1 cup of the tomatillo salsa in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high, stirring often, until hot, about 3 minutes. (this is my new favorite Mexican topping)
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange chips in a single layer on foil. Top chips evenly with meat mixture, bean mixture, and cheeses.
Bake in preheated oven until cheeses melt and just begin to brown in places, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and remaining tomatillo salsa.
Leave a comment