If you ask my daughter what her favorite meal is, she will say “Daddy’s Famous Soup." While this soup isn't spicy, you can absolutely add cayenne pepper as you see fit.
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb pork loin, cubed bite-size
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsps garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 tsp each of ancho chili powder, chili powder, and cumin
- 1/2 tsp each of Mexican oregano and paprika
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of white hominy, drained
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large pot on medium heat. Add pork, onion, and garlic. Saute 3-4 minutes, searing pork on all sides.
- Stir in broth, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and spices. Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add hominy. Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro