Old Fashioned meal that taste amazing. Made this for some friends of mine and they killed it. Kids loved it too. Biggest test was the wife. Jackie loved it.
I made this in the middle of July so we had some fresh corn and I just cut it off he cob.
- 2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a skillet mix together sugar, butter and water
- Add corn to skillet and stir to combine
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally
- In a small bowl whisk together flour with milk, blending until smooth
- After corn is done simmering reduce heat to low and stir in flour and milk mixture
- Cook five more minutes, stirring constantly