I would suggest making this the day before you plan on serving, and chill in the fridge. This dish will keep for up to 10 days, so it's great for both day-of meals and prepping!
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta (or any other small pasta shape)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, diced finely
- 1 1/4 cups bell peppers (red, green & yellow)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook orzo in plenty of boiling water until tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, zest, salt, pepper, and garlic until blended.
- Toss all of the ingredients together. Serve hot or cold.