We’ve done this as one of our mealfit Ready meals and got amazing reviews!
Prep Time: 13-17 min
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large can (29.5 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cups petite diced tomatoes, with juice
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup chili powder
- Dash of oregano
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef, onions and garlic. Drain off the fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Mix well, bring to a boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and carrots are cooked through.