It's been said that the best part of the Super Bowl is the commercials and the snacks, and we can't say we disagree! We are sharing 3 super simple Super Bowl snacks that everyone will love and can be made ahead of time, perfect for having a clean kitchen once your guests arrive or easy to pack up and take with you!
Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
The spicy-sweet firecracker sauce and savory baked chicken in this appetizer is the perfect kickoff to your Super Bowl Sunday!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
Yield: 18-22 meatballs
- 1 3/4 - 2 lbs ground chicken (or turkey)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼-½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For best results, place two oven racks in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 475° F and prepare two lined baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Once the sauce comes to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow time for sauce to cool and thicken.
- Using a fork or whisk, beat the eggs in a small bowl until whites and yellows are evenly mixed. In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, seasonings, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs. Using your hands, carefully mix the ingredients until spices are evenly distributed and your mixture has a consistent texture.
- To shape the meatballs, use an ice cream scoop or spoon to section the balls, about 3 tablespoons of meat in each. Gently roll meatballs in a circular motion in hands to achieve the perfect ball! Place meatballs onto lined baking sheet, leave about 1 inch of space between each, and bake for 11-13 minutes until meatballs are completely cooked.
- Remove meatballs from oven and let cool for 2-5 minutes before handling. To coat meatballs in the firecracker sauce, you can either dip each one into the sauce or brush the sauce onto the meatballs. After coated, place meatballs back onto lined baking sheet and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Remove meatballs and drizzle with sauce. Serve with any extra firecracker sauce on the side for dipping to add an extra kick of flavor!
- The original recipe creators recommend using Panko breadcrumbs and Frank’s Hot sauce to achieve maximum flavor and texture.
- Take care to not over-mix the raw meatball mixture as it will result in a dry texture after baking.
- To avoid raw meatballs sticking to hands while rolling, lightly oil hands.
If you’re looking for an easy, quick, and tasty appetizer, this recipe is definitely a touchdown! With a hearty mixture of fresh Italian flavors, these skewers will be the highlight of your viewing party.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 24 skewers
- 24 mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 24 olives (Greek, green, or black, it’s up to you!)
- 12 slices salami cut in half
- 24 small, fresh basil leaves
- 2 roasted bell peppers, sliced (redo, orange, or yellow)
- 1 jar artichoke hearts
- ½ lb fresh tortellini, cooked
- Bamboo skewers or long toothpicks
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (plus some for drizzling)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black or red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° and prepare bell peppers by removing seeds and cutting into 1-1 ½ inch squares. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tender. (Let cool before handling!)
- Combine oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, and pepper in a medium bowl until evenly mixed. Place mozzarella balls, olives, and artichoke hearts into separate bowls and measure 2 tablespoons of the olive oil mixture for each bowl. Toss lightly to coat each ingredient. Let ingredients sit for 15-20 minutes to marinate in oil. While waiting, cut slices of salami in half to total 24 pieces.
- If using bamboo skewers, cut them into 3” sections; once all ingredients are prepared, begin layering on skewers. The order of ingredients is up to you, so have fun with it! Remember to fold salami into smaller sections when skewering for best results.
- To make this recipe even easier, opt for pre-marinated mozzarella balls, artichokes, and olives and skip a few extra steps!
- These can be made-ahead and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Cheesy Beer Dip
Beer? Cheese? Football? What better way to celebrate Game Day than with this creamy, tangy, and cheesy addition to your favorite Super Bowl snacks!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 7 cups
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup beer
- 2 packets of ranch dry salad dressing mix
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pretzels to serve with
- In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese and beer until mixture is creamy.
- Slowly add ranch dressing mix while taste testing regularly (the ranch mixture will put this dip on the salty side quickly, be sure to go slowly and stop when it reaches your desired level of saltiness!)
- Add shredded cheese and stir until evenly mixed into creamy mixture.
- Serve with pretzels.
- You can use whatever beer you like, but you can also substitute beer for milk if you’re looking for a subtle or non-alcoholic alternative.
- Since this dip is incredibly versatile, you can experiment with flavor. For a hearty version, add crumbled bacon, for a spicy kick, add grilled jalapeño, no matter what you do, have fun with it!
These appetizers will be the MVP of your Super Bowl viewing party! If you make these apps, let us know what you think!