Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Crockpot Freezer Meal
Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. You can use as much or as little of the sauce as you would like, depending on how soggy you like your roll. I also like to serve it on the side and use it as a dip. Best served with homemade sweet potato fries!
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large onion; sliced
- 3 bell peppers (the more colorful the better), cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
6 slices of provolone cheese
- Mix corn starch into chicken broth.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT for cheese in crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and peppers are soft.
- Lay cheese over mixture.
- Cook on “low” for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on a fresh, hot roll.
TO FREEZE AND COOK LATER
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date.
- Add all ingredients to freezer bag, except cheese. (You can add broth and cornstarch.)
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to cook, following directions above.
- Thomas Cox