Chicken & Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins
- 1/2 lb Shredded Chicken
- 350 g / 0.7 lb sweet potato (peeled and grated)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 spring onions/scallions, finely chopped
- Coconut oil and muffin or cupcake cases/wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 375 F (conventional)
- Grate the sweet potato
- Combine the shredded and chopped chicken and garlic in a bowl. Add the cinnamon, salt, onions and olive oil. When adding the grated sweet potato, squeeze it tightly over the chicken mixture to allow some of the juices out.This juice will help to bind the mixture and make it easier to mould into balls.
- Using a pastry brush or your fingers, grease the bottom of the muffin/cupcake wrappers and place them on a flat baking tray/sheet pan (I ended up using 13 regular cupcake casings). Shape 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture into a small ball/patty using your hands and add it to the wrapper. Press the patty down slightly/. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- Place the tray with the muffins in the oven, middle shelf and bake for 20 minutes. If your oven’s heat is slightly uneven, rotate the tray half way through. Once cooked, remove and allow to cool slightly. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Thomas Cox