Chilled Zucchini Noodle Salad
This chilled zoodle salad is a great choice for a side dish because it is so healthy! It is low carb, so you are only adding extra veggies and healthy fats to your meal. Try it out and you’ll be surprised how tasty healthy zucchini noodles can be.
SERVES 6 to 8 as a side dish
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2 to 4 limes)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and ribs removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
For the salad:
- 2 1/4 pounds zucchini (about 6 medium), ends trimmed and spiralized, or 3 (10.7-ounce) packages store-bought zucchini noodles (about 7 1/2 cups zoodles)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1/3 cup shelled, salted, and roasted pistachios
Make the dressing:
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and season with more salt as needed.
Make the salad:
- Place the zucchini noodles and cilantro in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Top with the pistachios and serve immediately.
Make ahead: The dressing can be made up to a day ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Per serving, based on 6 servings. (% daily value)
- Fat12.3 g (18.9%)
- Saturated1.7 g (8.3%)
- Carbs7.5 g (2.5%)
- Fiber1.4 g (5.6%)
- Sugars4.9 g
- Protein2.2 g (4.3%)
- Sodium93.3 mg (3.9%)
- Thomas Cox