Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- 4 slices bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 package frozen spinach (150g)
- 2 cans (370 ml each) evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 (750g) package gnocchi
- In a large soup pot heat the bacon, onion, carrot, and celery over medium low heat until onion is soft.
- Add in the garlic, bouillon, basil, oregano, and thyme. Cook one minute.
- Add in the chicken and spinach. Stir occasionally until spinach is defrosted.
- Add in the evaporated milk. Refill each can two times with water and add to pot. That’s an additional 4 cans of water (or approximate 1400 ml).
- Mix the cornstarch with a few tablespoons of water in a small bowl (or one of the empty cans to save on dishes!). Stir cornstarch/water mixture into the soup.
- Turn heat up to medium high and heat to boiling. Stir occasionally.
- Once the soup is boiling, add the gnocchi and cook one minute.
- Thomas Cox