Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms over Jasmine Rice
- 1/4 cup butter (ghee for whole 30)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Four large chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (alcohol free mustard for whole 30)
- 1 tablespoon Summer savory or fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 lb MealFit Jasmine Rice
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a heavy bottomed sauté pan, preferably cast-iron.
- Sear the chicken thighs on both sides until golden brown – about three or four minutes per side. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter to the pan and melt. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until golden brown, stirring as little as possible for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the water and Dijon mustard to the pan, and stir to deglaze.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan, skin side up.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and let it sit for five minutes before serving. Serve hot.
- Serve over a bed of Jasmine Rice
- Thomas Cox