Delicious Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos
If you are looking for a healthy slow cooker recipe, you have hit the jackpot with this one. Slow cooker turkey tacos are easy, healthy, and delicious.
- For the taco meat:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey (can also use 99% lean if you desire)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered (can also use 1 large tomato, diced)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- Shredded lettuce, for topping
- Sliced jalapeno, for topping
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium high heat. Add onions and turkey. Brown the turkey, and break up the meat with a wooden spoon until nice and browned. Transfer to the slow cooker and add in garlic, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Once ready to serve, divide meat between 8 corn tortillas. Add grape tomatoes, cheese, diced avocado, lettuce and jalapeño slices. Serves 4. Optional to serve with greek yogurt, if desired.
- Thomas Cox