Freezer Asian Peanut Chicken Crockpot Meal
This slow cooker asian peanut chicken can be thrown together in minutes and tossed in the freezer! It is the perfect combination of meal prep and cooking fresh food daily because you get the freshly cooked meals without the hassle of preparing them every day.
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups 1 inch sweet potato cubes (1 large sweet potato)
- 2 carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (each breast cut in 2 lengthwise for Instant Pot)
- To serve
- 4 handfulls spinach
- green onions
- rice or cauliflower rice
Instant Pot- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Pressure cook for 5 minutes; allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest.
Slow Cooker- Combine all ingredients in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low.
Add in the spinach and stir into the sauce until it is wilted.
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and return to the sauce.
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
To Prep Ahead and Freeze
In a gallon sized heavy duty freezer bag, add the soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and water. Squish it all together until it is roughly combined.
Add in the sweet potato cubes, carrots, red onion and chicken.
Squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag and freeze flat.
Thaw completely before cooking as directed above.
- Instant Pot- After chicken has cooked, remove from the pot, select 'sautee' an add in some low carb vegetables: green beans, broccoli, zucchini. Cook for 5 or so minutes until softened. Serve with cauliflower rice.
- Slow Cooker- Add low carb veggies such as green beans, broccoli, zucchini during the last 1 hour of cooking.
- Thomas Cox