Lean Low Carb Crockpot Lasagna
This wonderful low carb lasagna made with zucchini and eggplant in place of pasta. This healthy, gluten free, crock pot recipe for lasagna makes healthy comfort food!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- Kosher salt
- 16 ounces good-quality store-bought tomato-based pasta sauce, — or homemade (2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion — diced
- 1 red bell pepper — diced
- 16 ounces low-fat cottage cheese — do not use skim—I used 1%
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese — or provolone cheese, divided (about 2 cups—I used a blend of both cheeses)
- For serving: Parmesan cheese — freshly chopped herbs such as basil or parsley
Recipe Originally Created By:Erin - Well Plated
Thomas Cox Ivery Johnson Jr.
- Thomas Cox