This wonderful low carb lasagna made with zucchini and eggplant in place of pasta. This healthy, gluten-free, crockpot recipe for lasagna makes healthy comfort food!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- Kosher salt
- 16 ounces good-quality store-bought tomato-based pasta sauce, — or homemade (2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion — diced
- 1 red bell pepper — diced
- 16 ounces low-fat cottage cheese — do not use skim—I used 1%
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese — or provolone cheese, divided (about 2 cups—I used a blend of both cheeses)
- For serving: Parmesan cheese — freshly chopped herbs such as basil or parsley
Recipe Originally Created By:Erin - Well Plated
Thomas Cox Ivery Johnson Jr.