Lentil and Rice Soup
Love this meal to serve on a cool or cold day. The best thing about this meal is its affordability. This is a cheap meal that does not look or taste cheap at all.
Full of good clean carbs and tons of veggies and protein.
- 1 lb dry lentils
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 cups of broth
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 zucchini
- 1 tbsp of mealfit OG seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp cumin
- 3 C cooked rice
- Rinse lentils and add lentils and garlic to a pot
- Pour in broth and bring broth up to a boil.
- Saute carrots, onion, and zucchini in olive oil until slightly soft
- Add to the pot with the broth and lentils
- Season with 1 tbsp of OG and 1 tbsp of cumin
- If the liquid is gone add some more broth until lentils are soft, about 30-45 min.
- Pour over rice
- Thomas Cox