Ingredients for Picadillo:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large potato or 2 small, peeled and chopped in cubes
- 1/2 cup, frozen mixed veggies
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp Mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
Ingredients for tomato sauce:
- 3 tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon, ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon or cube of Knorr Tomato bouillon
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- Let’s start by preparing the tomato puree; in your blender add tomatoes, onion, garlic, cumin, Knorr bouillon cube, and water. Blend that and set aside.
- Heat in large skillet on med ground beef and anything goes seasoning.
- Add in onion and stir until onion is transparent, then add in potatoes. Stir and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. For a spicy kick, add in a jalapeno o serrano pepper.
- Stir in the tomato puree we blended along with frozen mixed veggies and cilantro. Cover with lid and lower heat to a med-low. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with beans or rice and warm tortillas.
- Thomas Cox