Monterey Chicken Pasta
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta (or other small pasta)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles undrained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (I like better than Bouillon base)
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
In a 12-inch skillet, add the pasta, tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook pasta for 10-15 minutes, stirring every once in a while to make sure all parts of the pasta are covered and cooking.
Once pasta is tender, remove lid, stir in the chicken, and heat for a couple of minutes until heated through and excess liquid is evaporated.
Stir in BBQ sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with lid until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately!
- Thomas Cox