The worst part about cooking dinner are all the dishes that comes after. This One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies dish is sure to make any cooks dreams come true. With its minimal cleanup, simple steps and tasty results, it makes a perfect dish for family dinner!
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 30
- 6 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing (fat free is great)
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken tenders (or breasts)
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large baking tray with nonstick spray, or line with parchment paper if the pan isn't a nonstick tray or else the balsamic mixture will stick to it. Set this aside.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and zesty Italian dressing.
- Trim any fat and undesired parts off of the tenderloin. Alternatively cut the breasts into small 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick pieces, like in the photos.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the balsamic and Italian mixture in a large bag. Add the chicken into the bag and thoroughly coat them. Place the bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 6 hours.
- Now for the veggies. Chop the heads of broccoli into small pieces. Slice the baby carrots in half.
- Place the broccoli and carrots on the prepared tray with the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the veggies for 10 to 15 minutes. If you like your tomatoes a little less roasted, toss them in 5 to 10 minutes after the broccoli and carrots have been cooking.
- Remove from the oven and flip around. Section the veggies to each side of the tray and place the chicken (discard the marinade) in the center. Brush 1/3 cup of the balsamic and Italian mixture over the chicken.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 7 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. Keep an eye on the chicken so as to not overcook it!
- Serve the chicken and veggies with the remaining balsamic and Italian mixture. Top with freshly chopped parsley for garnish if desired.
- We recommend serving this dish over quinoa or rice! Enjoy!
If you or your family tried out the One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies recipe, please let us know your experience! We hope you enjoy!