This one pan Mexican quinoa casserole is perfect for the slow cooker! You can throw it together in minutes and leave it alone, which makes it a great weeknight meal option. It’s so customizable, too, which makes it great for kids.
- 1 cup Quinoa, Uncooked
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 2/3 cup Reduced Sodium Chickpeas, Drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Black Beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Red Pepper, Chopped, about 1 large pepper
- 1 cup Roma Tomato, Chopped, about 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Onion, Roughly chopped, about 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cups Reduced Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, For garnish
- Fresh Cilantro, For garnish
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place the uncooked quinoa, corn, chickpeas, black beans, red pepper, tomato, onion cumin powder, garlic, salt, pepper and adobe sauce inside, stirring until well combined.
- Pour in in the vegetable broth, stir well, and cover the pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Mine was perfect at 3 hours, so check it and make sure the quinoa isn’t burning.
- Once cooked, season to taste with additional salt and pepper and garnish with cheese and cilantro.