Philly Steak on Hoagie
- 2 lb sirloin steak
- Olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 jumbo sweet onion sliced into thin wedges
- 1 tsp MealFit Anything Goes Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 garlic-butter hoagie rolls
- Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a large grill pan or skillet. Add the steak to the skillet, adding MealFit Anything Goes Seasoning.
- Brown on both sides, cooking for around 2 minutes each side, depending on thickness then remove to the baking sheet.
- Add the green pepper and onion to the skillet. Season with garlic salt and red pepper flakes. Adjust the amount to your taste. Cook until beginning to soften and brown leaving crisp tender.
Top the steaks evenly with the green pepper and onion then cover each steak with 2 pieces of mozzarella cheese.
Place into the oven under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly, melted and browned.
Rest for 5 minutes then serve on toasted garlic butter hoagie rolls.
- Thomas Cox