Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 lb Roasted Cauliflower
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Ground pepper to taste
- Soak whole almonds in hot water for 45 minutes.
- Heat up Roasted Cauliflower on baking sheet
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add onions and saute until onions turn translucent. Add all the spice powders and continue to cook.
- Add vegetable broth, bring it to boil.
- Add roasted garlic into the pot. Squeeze out garlic paste out of the roasted garlic cloves. All blanched almonds (skin removed). Add baked cauliflower florets as well.
- Simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth and fluffy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste is needed. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls garnished with chopped roasted almond, cracked pepper, drizzle of olive oil and thyme sprigs.
- Thomas Cox