Valentine’s Day is coming up, which means you might be looking for date night ideas to enjoy a romantic evening with your special someone. Luckily, we’ve found the perfect recipes to make your much-needed time together even more memorable. You don’t need the added stress of making reservations weeks in advance when you can make an elegant and delicious meal in the comfort of your own home. Cooking with your partner can be a fun way to bond, so why not spend your date night enjoying each other’s company with this exquisite dinner!
Seared Scallops and Creamy Alfredo Pasta
What is more romantic than the refined taste of buttery, seared scallops tossed in a light and creamy white wine Alfredo sauce? The combination of savory and sweet ingredients in this recipe creates a full-bodied pasta experience that is sure to make you swoon!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
White Wine Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup white wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, or Sauvignon Blanc works best)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound scallops-medium size, about 12-14 scallops (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz spaghetti
- Combine butter, olive oil, and garlic in a medium skillet on medium heat until garlic softens.
- Add wine and bring to boil for several minutes until liquid reduces to about half the original amount.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the wine mixture and bring to a boil once again. Then, immediately reduce to simmer while continuously stirring for several minutes as the sauce begins to thicken.
- Once the sauce reaches a creamy consistency, remove from heat and add the drained capers and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and keep covered while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions and combine with sauce once cooked to al dente.
- Completely thaw scallops if frozen.
- Remove excess moisture by gently blotting each scallop with a paper towel, then sprinkle with salt.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on high heat until hot (not smoking). Slowly add scallops to the skillet, leaving plenty of space between each.
- Let scallops sear on one side for about 4 minutes until they become a golden color. Flip and sear the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes (pay attention to not overcook).
- Immediately remove from heat and transfer to the Alfredo and spaghetti mixture. If needed, reheat gently and serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley to bring out the subtle citrus notes of the wine and lemon juice in the Alfredo sauce!
Simple Zesty Arugula Salad with Parmesan
Adding some leafy greens and light flavors alongside a bold tasting entrée like scallop pasta can significantly enhance your dinner experience. This salad-for-two may be simple, but its hints of lemon, pepper, and parmesan bring the perfect balance to your romantic evening.
- 1-2 cups fresh baby arugula leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add arugula and Parmesan to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and add black pepper. Toss until evenly mixed.
- Add extra flakes of Parmesan or a sprinkle of pepper to taste and enjoy!
Pair this dinner with your favorite white wine such as a Chenin Blanc, an oaky Chardonnay, or a nice Pinot Grigio to enhance the crisp, citrusy, and full-bodied flavors in these recipes. If you spent your romantic evening making these delicious foods, let us know!
Leave a comment