Skillet Steak and Eggs
- 1 pound Slow Smoked Tri-tip Steak
- 1 large russet potato
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons bacon fat, or butter (separated)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- MealFit Anything Goes Seasoning
- 4 large eggs
- Scrub the potato and place it in a medium pot with enough water to cover the potato. 1/2 tablespoon Anything Goes seasoning the water. Bring the pot to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the potato from the water and place on a clean dish towel. Peel and dice the potato when it is cool enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the last 2 tablespoons of bacon fat, or butter, to the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato, peppers, onion, and garlic to the skillet and press it down flat. Allow to cook untouched for 5 minutes. Flip the hash over add in cooked steak, gently cover with Anything Goes Seasoning, and press it down again, cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a large spoon, make 4 wells in the hash. Add 1/2 teaspoon bacon fat (or butter) to each well, then crack an egg into them.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolks are done to your liking.
- Thomas Cox