Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 large red potatoes, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place full-fat coconut milk, tomato sauce, and spices into your slow cooker and mix.
- Then, add in chopped potatoes and onion and mix again.
- Place chicken breast on top and submerge into the sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove and slice into chunks. Put back into sauce and mix.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or naan.
- Make sure you cut your potatoes to 1-inch squares so that they are done cooking when your chicken is.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 709
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 24
- Thomas Cox