Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ yellow onion
1 cup white rice (uncooked)
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
2 green bell peppers (diced into ½ inch pieces)
¼ cup tomato paste
1- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes (drain excess liquid)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon MealFit Anything Goes Seasoning
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Do not overcook.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. Meanwhile, grease a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 4. In a large non-stick pan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent.
- 5. Add cooked ground beef to skillet. Sauté until beef is warmed.
- 6. Add bell pepper. Sauté until pepper start to soften (about 3 minutes).
- 7. Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
- 8. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cooked rice.
- 9. Immediately pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- 10. Top with shredded cheese.
- 11. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- 12. Enjoy immediately!
- Thomas Cox